This Tai Chi Qigong workshop workshop provides a comprehensive understanding of qigong. It focuses on the movements and stances of Shibashi Set 1 and includes an introduction to Inner Alchemy. The concepts and techniques of the Qigong Mode and Tai Chi Posture Requirements Course complement this instruction. Students learn the mental and physical skills necessary to practice properly, maximize qi flow and successfully teach others.
In this course, students will learn:
- All 3 major types of qigong, namely the moving qigong, standing qigong and sitting qigong. The first set of Shibashi, the Wuji & Taiji Stances and the basic Internal Alchemy technique will be taught respectively for each type.
- The theory of qi and the health benefits of qigong from both Eastern and Western perspectives;
- The details surrounding each qigong movement;
- Abdominal and reverse breathing techniques;
- About the physiological changes when one enters qigong mode (as seen on biofeedback machines);
- About the feelings to be expected after practicing qigong and the meaning behind each of these feelings and
- The common mistakes students make when practicing Shibashi.
By the end of the course, students will know how to:
- Check if others are relaxed by assessing their physical and mental state;
- Maximize the benefits of Shibashi by adding extra elements to certain movements;
- Incorporate some simple yet powerful stances into Shibashi;
- Modify movements when teaching seniors and those with special needs;
- Create a qi field to magnify the benefits of group practice and
- Detect and defend themselves from sick qi.
Even though the theme of this Tai Chi Qigong workshop focuses on Shibashi, the knowledge obtained from and skills developed during this course could be applied to many different styles of qigong. Those that do not intend to teach but would like to make qigong a part of their lives will also find this course very useful.
Laguna Hills CA
Date & Time:
Saturday September 19, 2020 9:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday September 20, 2020 9:00am – 4:00pm
None. However, we recommend you to get familiar with the Set 1 Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi. Students registered for this course qualify to purchase the Set 1 Shibashi Home Study Course and Qigong Mode & Tai Chi Posture Requirements Home Study Course at a 50% discount.